Advertisement

This Weird Old Console Had Some Of The Worst Driving Games

This Weird Old Console Had Some Of The Worst Driving Games It’s no secret that there’s a special place in my heart for things that are, well, kinda crappy. I’m a Yugo owner, after all. And one of these kinda crappy things is the third-most popular home video game console of the (early) 1980s, the Magnavox Odyssey2. It’s a fascinating machine, so let’s dig into it a bit and see what the state of racing and driving games was on it. Spoiler alert: It’s kinda crappy.

I actually decided to do this particular episode when I saw one of the rare commenters on YouTube who wasn’t talking about how horrific my hair was, but instead was interested in the strange silver machine with the flat keyboard.

I realized that there’s likely many people too young or who have lives too full to have known about the Odyssey2, so let’s solve that problem right now.

-Jason Torchinsky

Read more:




Follow Jalopnik on:









Drive free or die!


cars,driving,jalopnik,torchinsky,rorchinsky files,torchinsky files,Magnavox Odyssey2,odyssey2,car console,

Post a Comment

0 Comments