Advertisement

How to earn money with a publication on Medium!

How to earn money with a publication on Medium! If you're new to Medium, you will find it much easier to succeed if you have your own Medium publication. Why? Two good reasons.

One of my email subscribers asked me: "One of your early pieces suggests that new writers start their own publication. Can you share more details on the benefit of creating a publication and how that works in relation to posting to Medium in general?"

I thought if one person was asking, others would be too, and so it was worth a video to answer, especially as I don't have my own real publication.

The two reasons are:
- publications are part of the algorithm Medium uses to recommend stories to people
- publications can send their followers "letters," pointing them right to their stories

Both of these lead to reads, which on MEdium's payment model, leads to money earned.

Any questions, let me know if the comments!

Medium!

Post a Comment

0 Comments