Advertisement

Knitting Help - Comparing Decreases

Knitting Help - Comparing Decreases Sometimes patterns, especially older patterns, will tell you to decrease without specifying which decrease to use. Or you may be working a pattern where you think a different decrease will work better than the one the pattern calls for. In this video, I compare three popular decreases side-by-side so you can see the differences.

Slow demonstrations of the three decreases:
Knit Two Together (k2tog):
Slip, Slip, Knit (SSK):
Pass Slipped Stitch Over (PSSO):

The bulky yarn I used for demonstration is Knit Picks Wool of the Andes Bulky in Yonder.

The needles I'm using are Knitter's Pride Nova Platinas, from an interchangeable set:


The ball-chain stitch markers I'm using can be found here:


The nail polish I'm wearing is by Julep, color "Amanda".


My silver ring is actually a knitting needle gauge, and can be found here:

knit,knitting,verypink,verypinkknits,verypink knits,very pink,k2tog,knit two together,ssk,slip slip knit,knitting decreases,knitting decs,

Post a Comment

0 Comments