Advertisement

Building a BIG Metal BARN | SHOP pretty much alone!

Building a BIG Metal BARN | SHOP pretty much alone! The weather is right to build this . Not too hot yet , getting some sunny days and some breaks from the intense wind. I am building this mostly alone other than somebody to a eye for grass fires or making sure I'm safe. Spotters ! When you work on a building this size alone it can be very dangerous. Wind can take these long sheets and send them sailing like a airplane wing. They are thin and sharp and could hurt you very badly or knock you off the roof. If anyone is attempting to do this PLEASE use extreme caution. Things falling could hurt somebody below. Slag from welding can spark up a fire in a instance. This project is big for a single person to do so it takes me time and to have the weather just right. I am on a mission to get this next section done before I cut hay and have the dangers of burning up my hay fields. Next the temps will get very hot making working up on steel roofs mega hot and dangerous if your alone. Heat stroke , dehydration and exhaustion are re al factor as the temps reflecting off these metal sheets increases the temps you are in greatly. I did this work for years and did experience a minor heat stroke and it has had long term effect on me. Follow my journey in this vlog as I work to get this shop done while balancing many other task at the same time around the farm and rent houses. Hay cutting time is very soon!! I need to do all I can NOW


jamesray080808@gmail.com

join us on HIGHTOWER HOMESTEADS

metal building,steel shop,shop,barn,metal,building,diy,how to,vlog,journey,farm,ranch,live in,bard,barndominium,do it yourself,

Post a Comment

0 Comments